Friday, November 13, 2009

Ngoie - Part 4

As our time came to an end on Monday, I came back to the place we had started. I told her that I couldn't get her comment out of my head - pay it forward. Why did she want to pay it forward?

As I looked into her eyes, I saw a regular teenager. I didn't see a small child, escaping war in the middle of the night. I didn't see an 11 year old girl, standing by her mother's grave. I didn't see a soul without hope, though if anyone could have a reason to, it would be her.

I saw potential and possibility. I saw strength. I saw peace.

"There were so many people that helped us, through the wars and especially when my mom was sick. And most of the people who helped us were underprivileged themselves, but they just gave. I pay it forward to say 'thanks' even though I can't repay all those people."

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce