Sunday, November 22, 2009

St. Martin's

Man was I blessed today! I was invited to speak at St. Martin's Anglican Community Church (through speaking at the Christian Union group at the high school, a student bought a Voice for the Voiceless Prayer booklet, brought it home and his dad made arrangements for me to speak at their church). I was only given 5 minutes and I stuck to my time! I had to talk quickly, but obviously got my point across. The 29 prayer booklets I bought along went like hotcakes, so we quickly drove back to the office to pick up more. Their first service (7:45 am start) is a more traditional service and the 9:30 service (where I also had 5 minutes and stuck to it!) is more contemporary. I sold a total of 90 booklets, raising 2000 rand (about $280!). So cool!

The family that helped me make all the arrangements took me out for lunch and then we went for a drive to the other side of the mountain (from our place). We went up Boyes Drive up to Chapman's Peak and were given a stunning view of Hout Bay (pictured below). Just SO blessed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce