Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Typical Day

Now that we're well on our way into week #2, we have a bit of routine. Half of my roommates get up at around 5 a.m. because they are on breakfast duty. I roll over and sleep a bit more - I get up around 5:45 a.m. I get ready for the day and head to breakfast (served from 6:30 - 7:15). We have quiet time until 8. From 8 - 9, we have a time of worship - on Mondays it is with the whole campus and for the remainder of the week it is just within our program. The rest of the morning is lecture time. After lunch we are slotted for skill development, which includes some photography or other skills like public speaking, etc. I have work duty from 2 - 4 p.m. Every student on campus needs to contribute in some way and I work in the photogenX office. I've been able to do a variety of jobs including filling orders of books to be sent out, doing some data entry, etc. My free time is from 4 - 5, followed by supper. Our evening activities vary - Monday is movie night, Tuesday is photography class, Wednesday is small group night, Thursday is corporate worship, and Friday is free. I usually fall into bed (later than I would like) and catch a few zzz's before doing it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce