Friday, April 17, 2009

All Things Edible

For those of you who have to make meals day in and day out, you will understand when I say that I have a little extra tolerance for the meals around here, simply for the fact that I don't have to prepare them! Actually the food has been pretty good - of course, some meals are better than others! I have only had a peanut butter sandwich once (there's one food table that is just bread, peanut butter and strawberry jam and trust me, it gets a lot of attention!). Breakfast is the same (usually we get an added bonus on the weekend like scrambled eggs or biscuits) - cereal, toast, fruit (papaya, pineapple, melon), yogurt, oatmeal, hard- and soft-boiled eggs. Lunch is the bigger meal over supper, but we always have lettuce salad and more than likely rice (potatoes are a real treat!). We've had a variety of meals including lasagna, goulash, tacos - pretty regular stuff. I got extra excited to have cucumbers the other day - it's the little things that add up! On the weekends, we pack a bag lunch for lunch time and then have a sit down meal for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce