Monday, April 13, 2009

My Grandma

I would really appreciate your thoughts and prayers for my Grandma Doerksen this week. She fell yesterday and broke her hip. The hope is that she will be able to have surgery some time this week. It is really difficult for me to be this far away from her right now because she's very dear to me! I admire her tremendously for her constant faith and how it has pulled her through both the good and the bad times. It was so hard to leave her - she is one of the sacrifices I had to make in leaving home.

2 comments:

  1. Hi LaDawn--- I am praying for you. Loving the updates, and picturing you with the guitar by the window with the sunlight streaming overhead.... give all of us time to adjust to catching up with you via your blog. We will get there. Keep the communication a'comin.

    Marilyn Hart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how you would be doing with Grandma's fall. She is doing well. Aby & Micah went to the hospital this morning to say "hi" to Grandma. Take Care. Mary

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce