Thursday, May 12, 2011

Screwed

So I love my new car and we get along pretty well.  The only issues I've had so far has been with the tires.  My front passenger tire keeps losing air (sometimes faster than other times), but I deal with it.  Since I've been driving into Winnipeg more lately, I've been extra vigilant and am checking the pressure and filling it as necessary.  This afternoon I was running around doing some errands before starting work at 4 p.m.  My last stop was around 3 p.m. - I wanted to pick up some Fair Trade flowers for my first day at Ten Thousand Villages this Saturday (it being World Fair Trade Day).  I park my car and go to enter the florist, when I hear this hissing sound.  I look around and realize that it's coming from my front passenger tire, and it won't stop.  Thankfully there was a Domo on the same lot and so I went to ask if there were any tire shops close by.  Miracle upon miracle, there was one a block away!  Domo didn't have any air to fill my now flat tire, so I head over to the shop on foot.

Sometimes I wonder about my life:  how do I get myself into all these scraps all the time?  Anyway, the guy at the shop was so great.  He actually sent one of his workers (yeah Jon!) to go and fill my tire.  Jon told me I better drive fast, given how quickly the air just escaped from my tire.  Tire full, I ripped it down the block back to the shop where a screw was discovered.  In a matter of minutes, my tire was patched up and only $22.40 later, I was on my way and made it to work on time.  Sometimes you get screwed, sometimes you don't!!

Here's my shout-out to T-Mac Auto Services! - check them out at 337 Ferry Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce