Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Drum Roll Please. . .

Wow, what a day!  I was running around in high-gear, trying to get everything ready for tonight's art auction (I kind reminded myself of the Tasmanian Devil!).  I also got a call from the local radio station and ended up doing an interview in the midst of all my errands.

Anyway, the evening finally arrived and to say that it exceeded my expectations would be an understatement!  About 50 people stopped by throughout the evening and it was just a wonderful way to end a class that was extra special to my heart!  These young women are so inspiring and passionate, and I feel so privileged to have been a part of it all.

Of course, those of you who have been anticipating this evening as much as I have are waiting for me to give a total - how much money was collected for Build A Village tonight?  Well, I didn't want to get my hopes too high, but if all 5 framed & matted prints went for the minimum $50 then we would make $250 on the night and I would have been happy (kind of).  We also had ticket sales and photo booth prints, which generated $255 alone.  Thankfully one of the students had 2 grandfathers fighting over her picture and there was a bit of a bidding war - this print alone went for $325!  Are you getting excited?. . .because the grand total for the evening was (drum roll please) $800!!!!!!

A HUGE Thanks to everyone who came out to support these young photographers and also help Build A Village financially!!  Thank You to everyone who made the evening a success - your contribution, whether large or small, did not go unnoticed!!  And finally, Thanks to Brooklyn, Kiana, Jess & Taylor - I don't have the words to express what this class has meant to me other than to say:  It is Possible to Move Mountains!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce