Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bono-fide

When I blogged about U2 the other day, I had no idea they were coming to town and putting on a show tonight (see, people think I'm in the loop, but. . .).  I may be too late to get a ticket (or just simply can't afford one!), but I'm feeling the U2 vibe!  I actually shared about Bono in my adult Sunday school class this morning.  I've blogged this quote before, but it's so good, I think it bears repeating:

"God is in the slums, in the cardboard boxes where the poor play house. God is in the silence of a mother who has infected her child with a virus that will end both their lives. God is in the cries heard under the rubble of war. God is in the debris of wasted opportunity and lives, and God is with us if we are with them."  ~Bono

1 comment:

  1. Hi LaDawn,
    Would you still be interested in seeing U2? A bunch of us are going as a group to Minneapolis for the 23rd of July and one of the guys couldn't make it. Then I read your blog and see that you had thought about going when they were in Winnipeg. Hmmm, curious... Perhaps this would strike your fancy?
    In any case, it's an overnight trip with shared costs. Girls in one room, guys in another and we split it all eight ways.
    Let me know if you're interested. You can email me at conan158@hotmail.com
    Cheery-O,
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce