Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Matter of Days

It's amazing how life can change in a matter of days. . .

Last weekend I had a Jolica table set up at the Morden Craft and Quilt show.  To save some gas money and time, I stayed at my friend Elaine's place from Friday until Saturday.  In catching up with her, she mentioned that the Ten Thousand Villages in Winkler was looking for a manager.  I volunteered at the store when I lived in Morden a few years ago and I'm currently volunteering in the Altona store.  For those of you who don't know, it's a Fair Trade store (www.tenthousandvillages.ca) under the NGO of MCC (canada.mcc.org).  Anyway, I told I would check it out after I was finished in Morden.

I went the the TTV website and the job was listed, but the deadline for applications was May 1.  I thought I would email them just to make sure.  On Monday morning I got a reply that I could still apply; by the afternoon they called to set up an interview; and on Wednesday I went in for an interview.  I was offered the job and I took it - I'm starting this Saturday for World Fair Trade Day.  Please come and check out the new store especially if you haven't been there yet (725 Main Street Unit B).  There will be Fair Trade treats, draws and a chance to meet the new manager!

P.S. - Thanks again Elaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce