Friday, May 8, 2009

Finding My Voice

Our topic this week has been an overview of the Bible, while also working on our writing skills. Our speaker, Andrew, from Canada (eh?) is a man of many talents and one of them is writing. Part of the Voice for the Voiceless program includes a 30 day prayer booklet of women's and children's issues around the globe (which I gave some of you as Christmas gifts last year). He wrote many of the personal impact stories in it. He challenged us in a number of different ways over the week, but the 2 that struck the biggest chords with me were: be willing to ask God the really big, hard questions (and you may have to wait a while for the answer); and find your voice and then use it for good. Some people's 'voice' in our program will be their photographs, some their writing, and various other mediums. I'm not quite sure what mine will look like as we venture out, but I'm excited to be able to really use my voice to make a difference.

1 comment:

  1. Hi LaDawn, I have wanted to sit and read your blogs many times but time was not always available so tonight i read it from the start. It is really encouraging to hear how you are learning and growing. i am also thrilled to hear how God has begun to heal your heart. He is good don't you think. Keep learning lots. i will stop in again soon. Love (Auntie) Pauline

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce