Friday, September 9, 2011

When?

My DVD copy of "The Dark Side of Chocolate" finally arrived and I am urging you to support Not For Sale by purchasing your own copy (donation of $10 is requested) and understanding the issues for yourself.  Many things went through my mind as I watched big chocolate companies and government officials negate and ignore the issue of child trafficking and slavery, all for the sake of their bottom line and their own interests.  But the question that resonates the most is:

When did it become ok to SELL CHILDREN for the sake of OUR OWN INDULGENCE so we can have chocolate - something that these kids will probably never even taste?  When???

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to watching this video although I think it is just going to make me angry and frustrated!! I do admit though that I occasionally indulge myself with chocolate that isn't fair trade so I need to make some changes to my own buying habits...thanks for sharing this LaDawn....

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce