Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Turkish Family

This past week the 5th anniversary of the tragedy at Montreal's Dawson College hit the news and it finally occurred to me why that was significant to me - it means that it's been 5 years since I went to Turkey!  I left home on September 11 and once in Ottawa, I met the 3 other teachers who would become family for the next few months.  We completed our paperwork and on September 13th, while waiting to fly to Istanbul,  we heard about Dawson College just before leaving Canada.

Five years ago today, we landed in Istanbul, Turkey.  I remember arriving late in the day and the drive to our apartments was a bit disappointing since we couldn't really see the city under the darkness of night.  So here's my shout-out to my Turkish family!  Thanks for all the memories!  I miss you guys!


"No road is long with good company."
~Turkish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce