Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day Jitters

You can feel it in the air. . .it's almost like Christmas Eve. . .the anticipation, the excitement. . .the night before school begins.  As I biked to work late last night and passed house after house, I imagined the new outfits, all laid out for the big day (it might be the only day of the year this happens!).  I'm sure that lunches were packed, waiting for the school year to start (again, probably the only day of the year this happens yet too!).  Some type of bag sits in the corner or on a stool with newly sharpened pencils and a clean eraser, anticipating what this year holds.  Yep, you can feel those first day jitters rising in the air. . .I just wonder if all the students are experiencing the same feelings!

(FYI - Teachers may be more nervous and excited for today than their students - I know I always was!)

1 comment:

  1. I still love the first day of school...but unfortunately ours happened awhile ago. We are in the 5th week of school already. We start way too early :/

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce