Thursday, September 29, 2011

Heading Back to School

This year has been SO strange.  Most of the spring I just waited for work to come my way - subbing was slow, Jolica parties were not happening - and I felt like I had no direction at all.  Literally overnight, everything changed.  At the end of April I started tutoring at Sylvan in Winnipeg, which I really enjoyed.  And then 3 weeks after that job started, I got the manager position at Ten Thousand Villages.  My life went from boring to crazy in such a short time span.

I was only at Ten Thousand Villages for a month and a half because of the fact that I also sold Jolica (both Fair Trade companies).  I had run my butt off, driving to Winkler for Villages and then to Winnipeg for Sylvan (sometimes both in one day), and, at times, I wasn't sure which way was up because of the busyness.  A term position then opened up at Genesis House, the woman's shelter where I was a casual worker, and so I signed up for 4 months of nights (midnight to 8 a.m.).  Seriously, looking back at it all right now, I can't believe what I all signed up for this year!

Originally the nights term was to end on November 11, but then I got word that it would end 3 weeks sooner.  Since I didn't have anything else lined up once the term was finished, I got my paperwork together to substitute in Winkler.  And in the mean time, a science position opened up at the high school that I used to teach at 6 years ago and today I found out that I got the term!  It's only from mid-October until the end of January, but I'll take it!  So, I'm heading back to school!!

1 comment:

  1. Bravo LaDawn!!

    Amazing how things continue to fall into place.
    Are you still hoping to do Sylvan on the weekends?
    Any travel plans happening?

    Best Wishes,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce