Monday, September 26, 2011

Trade

I am in the midst of enjoying my month of free Netflix movies online and my cousin recommended I watch "Trade".  As with "The Whistleblower", it's about human trafficking, though this movie brings it a little closer to home as it features Mexico and the U.S.A.  Both movies were hard to watch and I really do want to watch "The Whistleblower" again, but I think "Trade" will have to wait a long while before I even consider watching it again.  It was just SO hard to watch.  Depravity was the word that continued to come to my mind.  And I continued to wonder where our humanity has gone when people become commodities and are bought and sold without regard to the victim, only regard to the money that traffickers gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce