Friday, July 1, 2011

Quote-book

Last year I counted down the 100 days of summer by blogging facts about myself under the "Did You Know. . ." tab (by the way, if you haven't checked it out, you'll probably learn at least 1 new thing about me that you don't already know!).  #36 on the list reads:  "An awesome quote, a song with words that speak into my life (whether the song is new or an old favorite) and getting mail. . .all make my heart smile!"

My life has been lacking in the mail department (and that's not just because of the Canada Post strike) and I've blogged a number of song lyrics as of late, so I thought I would make a new tab of all my favorite quotes.  Check back throughout July & August to see my picks (I've been collecting quotes in my "Quote-book" for a number of years now).

1 comment:

  1. I just read your "Did you know" page, and I have lots to comment on, but mainly that I am a Doerksen! Well, my mom is, I have my dad's last name. It's even spelled the same, and although my grandpa became a Southern Baptist preacher, our roots are mennonite (and I am actually mennonite). I wonder if we are related :)

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce