Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Uneasy

When you have friends literally all over the world, it's hard to keep in touch.  Sometimes it's the time difference and sometimes it's the language (or the accent) that make contact difficult, even in our 'super-connected' world.  I especially value every single person I connected with as I journeyed in 2009.  Whether we met briefly for half an hour or spent many days together, each one taught me something special.  Words weigh so heavily for me and yet my own words lack so much when I even begin to try to convey what a difference they have each made in my life.

I emailed a few of them as of late and stated something to the effect that one of the hardest things to do after returning home from missions is to break out of the box/mold/expectations that people have of you, especially when that means making decisions that are not popular or logical or make sense (sometimes even to myself!).  My friend Tulio from Panama emailed me back and ended with this:

"I think when we are called to be a great thing
we are always restless and you're one of them.
live a life uneasy."

1 comment:

  1. What a great quote! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce