Friday, July 22, 2011

67 Minutes

This past Monday, July 18, Nelson Mandela marked his 93rd birthday.  "People around the world were asked to mark his birthday by giving 67 minutes of their time to work in their local community — one minute for every year of Mandela's public service."  (www.winnipegfreepress.com/world/breakingnews/125730393.html)

Even a few days belated (it's been a busy time of blogging as of late thanks to CNN!), I challenge you to find something you love to do that would serve your local community and bless others with 67 minutes (or more) of your time.  I plan to do the same, though I may have to be a bit creative with the night shift that I'm currently working (which is going pretty well, by the way!).

1 comment:

  1. Happy to say I took some time to clean up the boulevard on Main st. in Winkler with a special needs friend..lots of fun!! Wasn't much but it took longer than 67 minutes.Mandela...what can you say? Another one of my heroes!!

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce