Thursday, June 24, 2010

Taste of Freedom

I mentioned a short article from Friday's Winnipeg Free Press in my post on Tuesday.  Normally, we only get the Saturday paper, but there was an article of interest that affects my community: 
www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/killer-to-get-taste-of-freedom-96637094.html

Altona is a tight-knit, Mennonite Christian community.  I was in junior high when this horrific event took place about 20 years ago.  If you read the comments below the article (which will take quite a bit of time), you can see that there are many different perspectives represented.  Definitely no easy answers.  Canada's justice system is far from perfect, but having traveled to other countries around the world, I am thankful for our government, judicial system and police force.  The wheels of justice may turn very slowly but at least they may forward (for the most part) and not backwards.  Every country's system has its faults, but when you consider corruption happening within governments and by the police in certain countries, I am grateful to live in Canada even though I don't always agree with all the decisions that are made in running our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce