Saturday, June 26, 2010

Princesses, Pink & Piper

I missed a lot when I was gone last year - holidays like Easter, special days like Mother's Day & Father's Day, and birthdays, especially for the little people in my life who are growing up far too quickly.  I love hanging out with kids - they see life uniquely through their eyes and usually voice exactly how they see it.  This week I had the chance to celebrate Piper's 4th birthday.  I spent the afternoon with her and all she could think about was the cake. . .when were we going to eat the cake. . .how long till the cake?  I love that the most important things in her life right now are princesses and the color pink!  How can you not love that? - a life that's so simple.

Because you see, Piper and her family's life is anything but simple right now.  Her sister Kiera has been in and out of the hospital since she was born in January.  So it was important to set aside her birthday to let her know that cake and presents and balloon decorations not only celebrate her precious life, but the life of her entire family as they face whatever the day brings their way.  I'm so glad that I could be close enough to celebrate with them this year - I wouldn't have missed it for the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce