Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blessed

Do you ever have those days or weeks when you just can't get over your life?  We're so blessed in the west and sometimes, I don't comprehend just how much.  But this week, my cup is overflowing (which doesn't mean that I haven't had my struggles).  If you go back to Sunday's post and check out the comment that was left, you will note that THE AUTHOR of the book I quoted let me know that he had found my post (how in the world, I still don't know).  I'm not about meeting famous people, but I am entirely about connecting and meeting people that I respect and he's definitely one of them.  Wow!

On Monday I ran around like a mad woman (and for those of you who know me and how I function, that fact with not surprise you in the least!).  Last Friday I received the Little Travellers that I'm going to distribute and sell during the World Cup and for some local summer festivals.  On Monday morning I found shops that would sell them and then I headed to the local newspaper to sit down for an interview in that regard (thanks again Greg!).  This was my 3rd interview with Greg this year (strange for a girl who just wants to lead a quiet existence!) and so he asked me how I keep up with all of my projects, especially given that I'm only subbing (and not much at that).  I guess it's about really learning to live by faith (difficult for someone who wants to be in control) and my parents!  Even with my limited resources, they continue to shelter and feed me and I told Greg that I wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing without my parents and their support.  Wow again!

Yesterday, my friend invited me to speak to the junior highs at the school where she teaches.  The hour just flew by as I talked about my travels and injustice issues and fair trade.  When I'm in that moment/zone, I just know that it's what I should be doing.  If that were not enough of a blessing in itself, I got a phone call from South Africa and received such encouragement.  WOW!

I wonder what the rest of the week will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce