Thursday, June 3, 2010

Explore Manitoba

My cousin Julie, having grown up in Ontario, used to joke around that if you got lost in Manitoba, all you had to do was get out of your car, climb on top of it, look around and figure out where you are (it's that flat). I do live in a valley - a valley between hills, not mountains - and so at some point, the landscape has to change. And it does - it just usually takes a bit of driving. By far, the best part of living on the prairie is the amazing sky which extends right down to the flat horizon, especially for the sunsets. I was also reminded the other day (because I missed them last year) of the awesome lightning that comes with a summer storm.

Anyway, I do love to get out and explore my province and today I had the chance to head out east to a part of the province I had never been to before to visit my cousin Josie and her family at her new place and present my 2nd Jolica party. Slowly but surely the flat prairie gave way to more trees and even a marsh before I arrived. Just another beautiful part of this province, with so much more to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce