Sunday, June 27, 2010

Remembering

Today marks an important anniversary - unbelievably I graduated from high school 14 years ago!?!  How can that be; it feels like yesterday.  This week was actually filled with days of remembrance.

June 24th marks the 35th anniversary of my grandfather's death - I never knew him.  My grandmother was left with 9 children ranging from 21 (my mom) down to 3 years old.  She had to learn to drive and go out to find a job.  But God was faithful, providing a church who has always stood in the gap, just as He continues to hold her hand today.

June 25th marks my baptism 15 years ago.  What a journey is has been!  And I'm still discovering, on a daily basis, what my faith really means to me and what it looks like to be the hands and feet of Christ each and every day.

2 comments:

  1. We kind of share a connection... Last September it was 30 years since my Dad died, leaving my mom with 5 kids ages 7 (me) to 15, 18,20 and 21. She had to learn to manage a farm, having never managed her own bank account, and work with an accountant, a lawyer (my dad didn't have a will and land was all in his name) and keep the tasks of a dairy & grain farm going DURING harvest!

    We have strong women in our respective families.....
    marilyn

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce