Wednesday, March 31, 2010

To Say Good-bye

It was a year ago yesterday that I saw my sister-in-law for the last time. I mean, it was supposed to be a while until I saw her again, but we said good-bye under much different circumstances than our family is under right now. And it wasn't a last good-bye, like one of us was dying, but that's basically what it has turned out to be. So I wonder, maybe I could have said something different, something lasting, something that would have stayed with her to have changed the course of this last year. But instead, it was just a regular good-bye - drive safe, see you when I see you.

Good-bye to a relationship I was so hoping would deepen over the years, especially growing up with brothers. Good-bye to nieces and nephews that might have been. Good-bye to laughter and tears shared as the years flew by. Good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce