Monday, February 21, 2011

This Burden

Some days I wake up and wish that I could just have a normal life.
That the burden God has given me for injustice could be someone else's.
That I could look away and pretend it's not there.
But instead I'm forced to look at it and, in turn, look at myself.

We are all connected, so what is my part of the problem?
More importantly, now that the problem is here, what is my part in the solution?
Am I doing enough?
Can one ever reach 'enough'?
What if I never make a difference - not even a dent - in the situation?
And if there's no progress, will I be able to continue to carry the burden?
Will I want to?
If I choose to ignore the issues, will God be more disappointed than if I tried & failed?

I just want to live my life.
In a world where justice reigns for all.
God created me and breathed dreams and desires into me.
He knew the journey my life would take before I was born.
And He uses the broken pieces of my life to fulfill His divine purposes.
As I look in, I can see out.
I don't carry this burden alone.

1 comment:

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce