Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pembina Hills String and Wind Ensembles

Tonight was the final concert for the band I've been a part of over the last few months.  It doesn't matter that this was years after high school, the nerves were still the same!  I've never played with a group of strings before and it was a lot of fun.  We only played 1 song together, but since flutes are in the front row of the concert band, it sounded very different being in the middle, behind the strings (you can see part of my head between the bottom of the cross and our conductor's shoulder).  We also played 4 songs on our own and I think it was the best we've ever played them.  A huge thanks goes out to Paul, our conductor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce