Thursday, November 11, 2010

Remember Peace

After having the privilege of travelling to different countries, I have a better understanding of freedom.  I am so blessed to live in Canada and I know that freedom comes at a cost - it is never free.  Being a pacifist, Remembrance Day has always been a struggle for me.  But it is my hope that pacifist or not, humanity's common goal is peace.  We will hear the line "peace on earth" a lot in the coming weeks, leading up to Christmas, but I urge you today to find peace in yourself - the peace that comes from God, that transcends all understanding.  Peace on earth begins with peace in our homes, in our communities, and in our countries.  Check out MCC's peace button (peacebutton.ca):

"to remember is to work for peace"

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce