Friday, November 19, 2010

Micro-Finance

I got a really exciting email yesterday:  the micro-loan that I sponsored back in February was just paid off!  What in the world does that mean?!?  Through MEDA, I put $50 towards a loan that a woman needed to start a business (MEDA works in Afghanistan and Nicaragua).  At the time, my loan was matched (I believe by the government), so my $50 was already $100.  Now that the $50 has been paid off, I am able to select another woman to loan the money to, meaning my original $50 has already turned in $150!!  That $50 will be re-loaned as many times as it gets repaid, within an 18 month period.  Talk about multiplication in action!  Maybe it's something to consider this Christmas season. Check it out at www.meda.org and www.medatrust.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce