Monday, September 20, 2010

Letters to God

Sometimes I wonder. . .marvel. . .at the people God has brought into my life who have walked with me during my life journey.  I have a few people who have walked with me my entire life and then I have people who have profoundly changed my life after spending 1/2 an hour together - both are equally important.  One of my Costa Rican friends recommended the movie "Letters to God" and since we both share a love of real mail, I thought it would probably be a movie that I would enjoy.  Now, he forgot to give me a warning - KLEENEX BOX MUST BE CLOSE BY - because the story focuses on a little boy who is fighting cancer.  And how fitting, given that the Terry Fox Run is happening around the world to continue the fight against cancer.  A colleague of mine from Morden also just passed away, having fought a courageous battle with cancer.

"Letters to God" is really about prayer - talking to God.  And the best thing about it is that fact that it doesn't really matter what you write, as long as you do write.  God created us to be in relationship with Him and He longs for us to draw near to Him.

Dear God. . .

"You are a letter. . .written not with pen and ink
but with the Spirit of the Living God."
II Corinthians 3:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce