Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Colors of Fall

I know I've talked about the summer leaving and it feeling more like fall.  I've also mentioned that the autumn is one of my favorite times of year (#38 on my "Did You Know. . ." list, which is rapidly nearing its end).  I actually said that it rated after spring, but now that it's back with a vengeance, it may be back to spot #1 and the reason is all the colors of fall.  I am hard pressed to convince non-prairie people (and many prairie people!) why I love living on the prairies.  But once you get out here and you SEE the sunset - I mean you SEE it ALL the way down to the horizon (not 1/2 way up the sky like in the mountains), you start to understand.  When you see the trees change color and the landscape is full of yellow, orange, red, green and brown leaves, you cannot help but feel that God enjoys decorating/painting when it comes to this season on the prairies.  We've had a lot of rain lately, but I'll try to head out and snap a picture for all of you to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce