Monday, September 6, 2010

Let Go

It's always a task to adjust back to "regular" life after you travel for the time periods that I have.  I was in Austria for 6 weeks and when I came back I CRAVED peanut butter and I remember getting into my car to drive to town with my brother and saying "This is SO weird!" over and over again.  Three years later, after spending 3 months in Turkey, I can honestly say that I came home as the worst version of myself (and I craved ham, but that's seems insignificant compared to my other point!).  The experience was not what it was supposed to be and I felt broken in every way possible.

After returning from 9 months of travelling last year, I expected to crave something or to miss driving or have to put myself back together again, but none of that was the case.  It took many months back at home to feel "normal" again. . .well as normal as you can be after changing so much and experiencing so many new things (but I think you know what I mean).  And as much as I would have loved to continue to travel and see more of the world, I know, even though it's been a struggle at times, that I was and am to be at home right now.  It's hard to wait and be patient for God's timing, especially for a person who likes to plan and know what's going on.

Psalm 37:7 says "Be still in the presence of the Lord and wait patiently for Him to act." (I'm sure it was written primarily with me in mind!).  "Be Still" can also be translated to "Let Go" - I don't know about you, but that's pretty deep for me.  'Let Go' of the dreams for your future. . .I have better ones that you can even imagine.  'Let Go' of what society deems success. . .you are loved in My eyes every hour of every day just because I created you and choose to love you.  'Let Go' of what you think about a career and marriage. . .My plans are bigger than yours and are going to blow you away.  So LaDawn, just let go. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce