Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Compassion Sunday

I blogged before the weekend about my involvement in our church service this past Sunday.  Other than talking about Kids at Risk during the service, I also had a table set up with 50 Compassion profiles - kids around the world that need sponsorship.  I am SO excited to report that 2 kids were sponsored (the last time I did this, the number was 0)!!  Two does not sound like a lot, but consider that these 2 may be the future leaders of their communities.  They may go out and train to be a nurse or teacher or doctor because of their training through Compassion.  They may share the story of Jesus with their friends, family and community and those people may continue to share Jesus with others. . .  Are you getting the big picture?!?  Two is awesome, but that means that I still have 48 profiles waiting for sponsors.

Well, actually it's 47 - I've been humming and hawing myself and I have decided to sponsor a 2nd Compassion child.  Along with Evelyn from Ecuador, I am now sponsoring a little boy named Suraj from India.  And I again urge you, if you have been considering sponsorship at all, please let me know.  That ONE child may be able to make a huge difference in the world, but they first need your help.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled to see more and more posts about Compassion coming up on my Google Alerts. Thank you for spreading the word and sponsoring! Please feel free to check out my Compassion inspired blog sometime! http://meeshimama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce