Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oh to be in Grade 1 again. . .

Spring in a wonderful time to substitute in a grade 1 class.  It seems like teeth are literally falling from their mouths (and they are sure to show you any loose ones or new gaps) and spring coats feel new even though they are from last year.  You can't help but smile - they are so full of wonder. . .and it makes me wonder when we lose that quality.  As they learn and grow, the world is literally new to them every morning - I wish I would wake up like that each day!

While substituting yesterday, one little boy came up to me at the beginning of class, cupped his hand to my ear and whispered "Adios, amigo!"  I informed him that he was telling me 'good-bye' and his reply that it was for later.  By the end of class, Spanish was the farthest thing from his mind:  he told me that he had changed his name to Indiana Jones!  Oh to be in grade 1 again. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce