Saturday, April 23, 2011

Procrastinating

The task (though that seems too 'little' a word) of scrapbooking my YWAM travels of 2009 is still on my to-do list.  It actually calls my name, harassing me to get to it already (I did start, but haven't made much progress).  I wish I could say that the actual job of putting it all together was the reason for my procrastination of the project but it's not.  In order to do the quality of work that I want for the scrapbook, it involves me going through my journal and putting a balanced perspective to the pictures I use and the words I write.  I'm even having a hard time deciding what to write here right now - there's just so much emotion.

I've been going through a lot of my 2009 pictures as I been preparing for my Focus photography/injustice class.  Sometimes I have to pinch myself - did I really experience all the stuff that I did that year?  Some pictures surprise me - I look happier than what I really felt at the time.  I met such amazing people and my words feel as though they fall so short towards people who changed my life so much.  It's not something that I can just tie a nice bow around and push to the back of my mind. . .so I'm procrastinating.

2 comments:

  1. LaDawn--- What about going back in your blog and using excerpts from it as a framework for your pieces? Print out the posts and then 'edit' them to include what you feel you would add now in looking back and in creating something that's not for a public audience, but just for you & those with whom you wish to share?

    I always find it easier to edit something I've written and change it than write something from scratch.

    Happy Easter!

    Marilyn hart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LaDawn,

    Recently I thought to address procrastination in my own life. I heard about a book "Eat that Frog" by Brian Tracy.

    It's a good read particularly about addressing those "hard to start" tasks.

    I like it so much I'm thinking of ordering a copy off Amazon.

    Take care and Happy Easter,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce