Friday, December 10, 2010

You Know It's Really Cold When. . .

Winter is settling in - more so this week.  Temperatures have started to drop, but this week we've also added the windchill.  For those of my friends who have no idea what I'm talking about, let me briefly explain.  Let's say it's -20 (Celsius that is - we're in Canada!), which is cold - not crazy cold, not pleasant cold, just cold.  But if the wind starts to pick up, then it becomes a factor and then we hear things like, "it's -20 but feels like -36 with the windchill".  Ok, now that's COLD because the wind just bites!  And you know it's really cold when the sun dogs come out (I didn't get to take a picture, so you'll have to Google them for now) - little rainbows of light seen on either side of the sun created by the ice crystals in the air.  Brrrrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce