Monday, December 3, 2012

On Our Knees

The advent season started yesterday and we began a little differently in my church. . .on our knees.  It was a humbling way to bring in this season - one I thoroughly enjoyed, even in the discomfort of it.  It brings back a lot of memories for me as a child.  On the rare occasion that I attended my grandmother's church, I was always taken off guard when, literally, the entire congregation dropped to the floor of the church for prayer.  We didn't do this in my home church and so it always surprised me when it happened.  As I grew older, it was something I looked forward to when I went to visit her.  As an adult, it was something that I thanked the congregation for.  It was in part because of those faithful prayers - and then people standing up and being the hands and feet to those prayers - that my grandmother, one widow of many in the church, was taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce