Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hunkering Down

I've been waiting for this moment all day long.  It was the reason I slept in longer than usual and when I did wake up, I stayed nice and cozy, reading a book in bed for a while.  It was the reason I've not been very ambitious in all the things I still need to do this weekend - marking, prepping, cleaning, laundry.  It was the reason I was still in pajamas after lunch and why my bed was still not made.  Yes, the moment finally arrived - the streets were already icy with freezing rain and as the winds started to pick up, the snow began to fly.  A snowstorm was promised and now the moment has finally arrived!  All my laziness today is now excusable - it's a storm day!  No going out, no make-up on, sweats are the only appropriate attire, cue the Christmas music. . .hunkering down for the first snowstorm of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce