Friday, November 30, 2012

Finding Me

I've been seeing my counselor for just over a year now.  There has been a lot of growth in that time - both through positive changes and through many struggles.  I've looked at the way I act and, just as importantly, how I react.  One of the first things my counselor told me was that the hardest thing is to know yourself and she is right.

It's frustrating to know things in your head, but not have them transfer into your heart, into your being.  One of the hardest things for me is not to live under other people's expectations.  My head knows that, but at the end of the day, my heart has not grasped that concept yet.  To look at myself in the mirror and try to figure out what it is that I want in my life and who I want to be, ignoring what everyone else says, is a challenge.  To be the person God designed me to be, not the one that others think I should be.  In short, I'm just trying to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce