Friday, October 12, 2012

my name is Amanda Todd

My time and use of the Internet is very limited, especially compared to the teenagers out there, including the ones I teach every day.  This blog is probably my biggest leap 'out there' as I'm not on Facebook or other social media sites.  And I'm ok with that - I've got my email and I check news online, etc - but I understand that for the students I'm teaching, the Internet has many other meanings and uses.  The theme of voices, specifically women's and girls' voices, has really come out for me this week.  So today, without her knowledge because she passed away this past Wednesday, Amanda Todd's voice (or at least her words) will be heard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce