Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Winds of Change

It's hard to believe that the summer is winding down and fall is right around the corner.  The laid back pace of holidays is exchanged for routine and schedule.  A time of transition when life "gets back to normal".  I felt the anxiety last week already - there's comfort in routine but there's also stress in how fast life seems to pick up.  I am so incredibly thankful for another term position of teaching until the end of January.  Once again I am teaching outside of my teachables, so I know that there is a lot of work to do, but I also know that God is not giving me more than I can handle.  What a year of change is has been when I look back to this time last year:  I was applying to substitute teach as I  finished up working nights at the woman's shelter, not knowing that there were 2 teaching terms ahead of me.  I couldn't even venture a guess as to where I will be a year from now.  The winds of change are definitely blowing.  And as hard as it is to let go of the summer, the fall is coming, and it's best to embrace it. . .a new season is starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce