Monday, September 10, 2012

Finding Balance

Obviously last week was very busy for me - I wasn't able to blog at all!  The start of the school year is filled with meetings and meeting students; using our heads again and headaches; getting back into a schedule and scheduling time to eat and sleep.  There is a lot of learning going on, not only for my students, but for me.  I am learning how to present a course online and getting used to the fact that I have students AND computers in my class, which adds a unique dimension to my lessons.

More than anything, I am trying my best to find better balance in my life during this time.  Working hard and having fun; getting enough sleep and eating better; spending time with others and finding time for myself.  Even though my work day only starts around 10:30, I get up at 6, ready for a sub call.  And in order to get up at 6 and get my 8 hours of sleep, the hardest part is getting to bed by 10, but I'm working hard at making it habit as I get used to a new routine.  So in the midst of computers and students, meetings and prep, my overall goal is to find balance in all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce