Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Travelling Back in Time

It's amazing how certain tastes and smells can take you back in time.  My love of Life (the cereal), marmalade and tapioca pudding came from my Grandma Siemens.  As a kid, I started many days at her place and she heaped the sugar on my bowl of Life (which I don't do anymore) - you can always find Life in my cabinets to this day.  I remember her making marmalade in the summers and thinking that it was so strange that the peel was included in jam, but it became one of my favorites.  And tapioca pudding (better known as "fish eggs" or "fish eyes") was something I had not enjoyed since I was a child and for some reason, I was craving it.  It took a bit of searching to find the pearl tapioca (not the minute) and I'm sure that my pudding didn't turn out the same as hers, but today it transports me back in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce