Monday, July 9, 2012

Going Organic

One of my goals this summer is to try and go more organic, which also extends to going more local and fair trade, where possible.  It's taken a bit of searching, but I have found organic milk, which comes from a dairy not that far from Winkler.  Organic bread was a difficult find, but there is bakery in Morden that uses organic flour in their breads.  For me, it's partly about putting my money where my mouth is.  I want to pick healthier options, not only for myself, but also for the planet - for people around the world and the environment that we all share.  It is more expensive, but I think that the long term effects of choosing otherwise is actually more costly.  And the message is no different than the one I share when I talk about injustice - we have to believe that little changes can add up to make a big impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce