Monday, January 31, 2011

Photo Club

I've had a number of discussions with various photographers that live in my area and there's talk of starting up a photo club, which I'm really excited about.  I think it would be a great chance to learn from one another and be challenged in our photography.  Right now my biggest challenge is just getting my camera out of the camera bag (and the cold weather is not helping my case)!  I am starting up 2 photography classes for youth in the next few months - one is a Sunday school class at my church and the other is similar to the 2 classes I taught at the high school last year.  I just feel a little guilty making my students go out and take pictures when I'm not doing the same thing myself.

Certainly the photo club would be good motivation for me to be deliberate in my photography again (and I would feel less hypocritical with my students!).  I'm not jumping on the "Project 365" train just yet, but maybe I can start with a picture of the week/month (we'll see how it goes!) - check out Vera's Project 365 at verasviewfinder.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce