Saturday, February 9, 2013

Won't Back Down

I only stumbled over this information yesterday so even though today is officially the end of International Development Week (February 3-9, 2013), I want to highlight their campaign.  The theme for this year is I Am Making A Difference and Manitoba Council for International Cooperation (MCIC) decided to focus on the Millennium Development Goals.  I will post the various profiles that feature the 8 goals in the coming days, but I want to start with the music video “Won’t Back Down”, a song about the importance of the empowerment of women and girls, written, composed and recorded by seven high school students from around Manitoba. When you view any of these videos (off the MCIC site, not off YouTube), you can enter a contest to win Fair Trade chocolate for a year (a value of $260).


No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce