Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Giving Yourself Permission

I love it how we can make plans for the day, but God has other things in mind.  I went into the city for an appointment last Friday, but I decided to go in EARLY to meet up with my Jolica mentor and friend Drina.  While driving, I caught a short program called LifeTrac (from Insight for Living) and it went something like this (italics are mine):

Do Others See You Differently?

"What do you see?" God asks.

If you could turn those eyeballs of yours around and blind yourself to what's in front of you and see only what is within you, what would you see?  It is that that must take your immediate attention.  Now.  Right now.

Living a life of authenticity means giving yourself permission to be who you are and when you stop trying to be someone else, you free yourself up to know who you are.


Apparently I was not early, I was right on time. . .the perfect time to hear a message that spoke right to my heart!  You can hear the whole message (about 5 minutes in length) at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce