Sunday, December 18, 2011

Reporter - A film with Nicholas D. Kristof

I blogged about the preview of this film in August and I finally got my hands on a copy and watched it.  It's an amazing film - definitely worth watching!  One of the central themes is about what's called 'physic numbing'.  Basically the idea is that our brains can't handle large scale suffering.  We can grasp the idea of 1 victim, but when that number increases (even just to 2), we become less compassionate (there's a whole area of study on compassion - I'm not making this up).  Hopefully I've peaked your interest and you'll watch the film Reporter for yourself!

"If I look at the mass, I will never act.
If I look at the one, I will."
~Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce