Saturday, July 4, 2009

Magnitude 6.0

You may or may not hear about this in the news: We experienced a 6.0 magnitude earthquake in the wee hours of today (1:49 AM). The epicenter was 95 km (60 miles for my American friends today - Happy 4th of July!) northeast of Panama City. I kind of woke up, but a few of us sat up straight in bed. Apparently I've already experienced earthquakes in Turkey and Hawaii, but in both cases, I did not feel them (due to my location or their sizes, I'm not quite sure). It happened under the Caribbean Sea and as of yet, there are no fatalities.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you are safe. Thanks for e-mailing pictures and blogging.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are okay...

    marilyn

    ReplyDelete

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce