Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dancing the Jig-ger

At the end of the day, I'm not quite sure what it is or what caused it, but something happened while visiting the tribes and I was left with red bumps from my waist down. I first noticed them a Saturday back (when at the tribes) on my ankles, but by the next day, they had decorated my butt. The following day after that they started to ITCH! The other groups had been at different tribes and had a medical team along who said it was "jiggers". Jiggers are a flea common to this area and are picked up in long grass. I like to think it was just heat rash, but whatever! Thankfully I was able to find some calamine lotion out here (in a pink bottle, just like home), so the itching has subsided and now I'm waiting for them to disappear. Not really the souvenir I was hoping to pick up! And trust me, the butt ones look way worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce