Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Comfort Level

There are many days when I wonder if I should stop posting about all the social injustice topics that I highlight on my blog - it just feels too overwhelming.

There are many days when I wonder if I can endure hearing another horrific story  - it just feels like there's really nothing I can do to help that person in their pain.

There are many days when I wonder if I can make any difference at all - it just feels like an impossible task.

And then I remember that this is not about me.  Issues of social injustice do not stop because I decide to look the other way and stop reading these articles or watching these videos.  I believe that God has called me to use my voice, even if it's in a limited capacity here, to talk about things that break His heart.  This has nothing to do with my comfort level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESSE QUAM VIDERI - to be, rather than to appear
"Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."
~Robert W. Pierce